Search for advice on intellectual property for small and medium enterprise.
1. Scope of application
Access to, and use of, any part of the "ip4inno" training material database (hereinafter "the database") including text, images, sound, presentations, files and software (altogether collectively "the Content") shall be subject to these terms and conditions of use (hereinafter "Terms and Conditions") and shall constitute acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the user.
2. Purpose of the database, modifications, access
(1) The database shall be maintained by the European IPR Helpdesk service operator (hereinafter “the service operator”)
(2) The general purpose of the databases shall be to enhance public access to information about „ip4inno" related training material.
(3) The service operator reserves the right to restrict access to the database and to deny, without notice and at its sole discretion, any user access to the database or any part thereof.
3. User obligations, registration
(1) Users of the database shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Users shall refrain from violating or attempting to violate the database provider's network security, and, in particular, from uploading or attaching files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any software or programs that might impede the operation of another user's computer. Users shall furthermore refrain from restricting or attempting to prevent or restrict in any way access to or use of the database by other users (for example by generating unusually high numbers of database accesses, whether manually or in an automated fashion).
(2) Access to the database requires prior registration. For registration purposes, users shall provide correct and complete details and update them where necessary. Users shall refrain from misusing any access authorisation granted to them (for example by transferring data to unauthorised third persons). By registering, the user agrees to be contacted by or on behalf of the service operator, where appropriate, via e-mail.
(3) Registered users shall be responsible, inter alia, for maintaining the confidentiality of their account and password to prevent unauthorised access to that account. Users shall take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure, and shall inform the service operator immediately at email@example.com if the password has been or is likely to be used without authorisation.
(4) In the event of any violation of the above user obligations, the service operator shall be entitled to revoke the user's access rights without prior notice.
(1) Responsibility of Content shall lie exclusively with the ip4inno partner, institution or other party credited as the provider of content in question.
(2) The Content shall be of a general nature only and shall not be intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular case, individual or entity. The Content shall not necessarily be comprehensive, complete, accurate or up-to-date, and shall not constitute professional or legal advice. Consequently, neither the service operator nor any author of training materials shall be liable in respect of any use that may be made of the Content.
(3) The service operator shall not be liable, and makes no claims and issues no guarantee, either express or implied, in respect of the functionality, accuracy, availability, suitability or content of external websites, services or software products hyperlinked from the training material. Reference on training material to third-party events, statements, services or products does not necessarily constitute endorsement or support for them by the service operator or the European Union institutions a whole.
(4) The Commission of the European Communities shall not be liable for any use that may be made of the information contained in the training materials.
5. Technical responsibility, availability, security
(1) The service operator aims to minimise technical errors and malfunctions. However, some data or Content may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free. The service operator cannot guarantee that the underlying files and the formats used are error-free and will not cause the user's systems to malfunction.
(2) The service operator cannot guarantee that the database and its Content will always be available. Whilst the service operator is committed to ensuring that the availability of the database will be essentially uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free, this cannot be guaranteed. Access to the database and its Content may also occasionally be suspended, restricted or impeded to permit repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new services or facilities.
(3) The service operator accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems (including, but not limited to, failure of performance, computer viruses, communication line failure, alteration of content, etc.) incurred as a result of using this site or any linked external sites.
(4) The service operator cannot guarantee the security of transmitted data against attacks from third parties, nor can it guarantee the security of the data transmission process.
(1) Unless stated otherwise, all Content shall be protected by copyright and be owned by the ip4inno partner institution or other party credited as the provider of the Content in question.
(2) Subject to the terms and restrictions set out in this Article, and unless otherwise stated or apparent from the content, users which have been given access to the ip4inno training modules and material (hereinafter "the Material") are granted the non-exclusive and transferable right to reproduce, distribute and publicly perform, or arrange for reproduction, distribution and public performance of, the Material or any part thereof, by all means and in all media including on the internet, on condition that
a. the Material appears accurately,
b. reproduction, distribution and performance is not aimed at profit-making or otherwise at commercial exploitation - it being understood that the collection of fees covering the full costs of the training does not constitute commercial exploitation -,
c. reference is made to the author of the Material (ip4inno),
d. the recipient of the Material shall be entirely responsible for the use to which he/she/it puts such Material, and
e. any grant of a right to reproduce, distribute and perform the Material or any adaptation thereof (see paragraph 3 below) to a third party is made subject to the same conditions as in this Article.
(3) Subject to the terms and restrictions set out in this Article, and unless otherwise stated or apparent from the content, users which have been given access to the Material are granted the non-exclusive and transferable right to create adaptations of any part of the Material (by translation, conversion, modification, inclusion in other works or the creation of derivative works in any other manner) and to reproduce, distribute and publicly perform such adaptations by all means and in all media including on the internet, on condition that
a. any such adaptation takes reasonable steps to label or demarcate the alterations or otherwise clearly indicate that changes have been made to the original Material,
b. reproduction, distribution and performance of such adaptations is not aimed at profit-making or otherwise at commercial exploitation - it being understood that the collection of fees covering the full costs of the training does not constitute commercial exploitation -,
c. reference is made to the author or the licensor of the original Material,
d. the recipient of the Material shall be entirely responsible for the use to which he/she/it puts such Material or any adaptation thereof, and
e. any grant of a right to create adaptations to a third party is made subject to the same conditions as in this Article.
(3) Users shall not be permitted to copy all - or a substantial part of - the Content; in particular, the use of data mining, robots, or similar data-gathering and -extraction tools is prohibited.
(4) The official logo of the "ip4inno" project, of the European Communities and of any ip4inno Partner as well as all trademarks registered by any Consortium Partner shall remain protected and shall not be used or reproduced without the prior written consent of the right holder, unless they are fixed to a part of the Content which is reproduced and/or distributed in accordance with paragraph 2 above.
7. Data privacy
(1) When the database is accessed, certain information about users, such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, navigation through the site, software used and time spent, may be stored by the service operator. This information shall be used for website traffic analysis only, and not to identify users. No attempt will be made to monitor systematically individual users or IP addresses, or the actions that they perform.
(2) Personal data shall not be recorded or saved without the user's express consent. By completing any data collection form on the entry website to the database, the user expressly agrees to the storage and processing of the data entered. All data provided by the user (such as, but not limited to, names, addresses, credit card details, account information, etc.) will be treated as confidential, stored and processed only for the purpose for which they were collected, and made available only to the unit responsible for dealing with them. In particular, personal data will not be passed on to third parties or published or made available for general access without the user's express agreement or unless necessary to comply with a request by or for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract with that user, or unless the service operator is obliged to make such data available to public authorities.
8. Changes to the terms and conditions
(1) The service operator reserves the right to supplement or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. The service operator shall inform users of any changes in good time on the Website. Users shall be entitled to object to such changes within two weeks of notification thereof. Continued use of the database shall constitute acceptance of the changes concerned. If a user explicitly objects to any new terms and conditions of use, the service operator shall be entitled to revoke that user's access rights.
(2) If one or more of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions is for any reason held to be invalid, illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, such unenforceability shall not affect any other provision, and the Terms and Conditions shall then be construed as if they had never contained the unenforceable provision or provisions and as far as possible in such a way as to maintain the original intent of these Terms and Conditions.